WHEN A DRIVER IS INVOLVED IN AN ACCIDENT
1. Stop immediately.
2. If operable, move truck off the roadway after receiving instructions from law enforcement personnel.
3. Assist the injured. But, do not move injured people if moving them would make them worse.
4. Protect the accident scene by placing warning devices for stopped vehicles.
5. Get names and addresses and especially license plate numbers of possible witnesses.
6. Driver should only give the following information upon request:
a) Name and address.
b) Motor carrier's name and address.
7. A driver must notify the supervisor as soon as possible.
8). If a driver hits a parked vehicle or damage property, he/she should try to locate the owner. If unable to do so, leave name and address and the name and address of our company. Place this information securely where it can be seen on the windshield.
9). If possible, take photos of vehicles and accident scene prior to moving vehicles.
No two accidents or conditions are the same. Common sense and good judgment must be exercised under the prevailing circumstances.
ANY ACCIDENT MUST BE REPORTED IMMEDIATELY TO THE SAFETY DEPARTMENT OF TRYON TRUCKING, REGARDLESS OF HOW MINOR IT MAY APPEAR.
DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS
(MONDAY - FRIDAY 8:00 AM TO 5:3 0PM) CALL AND ASK FOR AT:
KARL ROTHER 1-215-295-6622 EXT. 113
MIKE CHRISTENSEN 1-215-295-6622 EXT. 124
JOHN POPOWICH 1-215-295-6622 EXT. 121
DURING OFF HOURS CALL KARL ROTHER (IN THIS ORDER)
1. KARL CELL # 1-215-620-9800
2. KARL HOME # 1-215-741-1788
POST ACCIDENT DRUG AND ALCOHOL TESTING
If a driver is involved in a DOT recordable accident (caused bodily injury requiring medical attention immediately away from the scene, and/or one vehicle must be towed due to disabling damage) and the driver receives a citation for a moving motor vehicle violation, or is involved in a fatal accident, that driver is required to be both alcohol and controlled substance tested.
FOR OFF HOUR TESTING ARRANGEMENTS CALL:
SHORTSTOP TESTING PROGRAM 1-800-257-9570 (OPTION 0)
FAILURE TO REPORT AN ACCIDENT WILL RESULT IN A $250.00 PENALTY AND MAY RESULT IN THE TERMINATION OF THE INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR LEASE.
BE SURE YOU HAVE WITHIN YOUR TRUCK AN ORANGE ACCIDENT KIT.
IN ADDITION ENSURE THERE IS A POST ACCIDENT DRUG & ALCOHOL CHAIN OF CUSTODY FORM WITH A FEDEX SHIPPING LABEL WITHIN YOUR TRUCK AT ALL TIMES.